I have been to San Francisco numerous of times since I was 5, when I first visited the US. After immigrating to the Bay Area with the family in 1996, day trips were frequent but we would often go to the same places - Chinatown to eat, Pier 39, Union Square, maybe a drive along the El Presidio. I would look forward to every trip to the city even though they were short and I would get so excited as I entered the city on the 101 and saw the skyscrapers.
Almost half a year ago, my sister accepted a job with Barclays Bank International in the city and after enduring a tedious 3 hours round trip commute to work 5 days a week, she finally moved to the city 3 weeks ago!! I am super proud and excited for her but I am equally excited for myself because that means I can visit the city more often. So...I planned my vacation to roam around the city like a local but also do all the touristy stuff that I never got to do from the short day trips.
Here's what I love from my vacation:
1. The embrace of diversity - cultures, food, languages, education, economy, class, taste, style, music etc.
2. San Franciscans - the people are kind, relaxed, smart, interesting, open-minded
3. Golden Gate Park
4. Wide range of cuisines in wide range of prices.
5. The St. Regis
Find me on Yelp...under SBFoodie for my reviews on the places I went...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment